Terms & Conditions (Hammer Hardware ‘Be in to win $10, 000’ competition)
- Spend $35 in a Hammer Hardware store in New Zealand, swipe your AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card, and go in the draw to win a Prize. (“Promotion”).
- Each purchase of $35 or more qualifies for one entry to the Promotion.
- By presenting your AA Membership card or AA Smartfuel card at the Hammer Hardware Store and having it scanned by the Hammer Hardware staff member, you indicate to the Promoter that you wish to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences on 1 October 2019 and closes on 31 October 2019 ("Promotion Period"). Entries strictly valid on purchases between these dates only. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of purchase when an AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card is swiped. Records of the Promoter are final and conclusive as to time of receipt.
- If you become an AA Smartfuel cardholder on the day you make your purchase, you must register your card with AA Smartfuel by 31 October 2019, otherwise you do not quality to enter this Promotion, and your entry will be deemed to be null and void.
- There are two (2) prizes of $10,000 cash, paid out in a form of a cheque or direct credit (at the Promoter’s discretion) to the Winner (“Prize”) to be drawn from two (2) Prize Draws (one (1) for North Island entries and one (1) for South Island entries).
- “Winner” is defined as the persons whose names are drawn in the prize draws held on 1 November 2019 (“Prize Draw”).
- The Winners will be randomly drawn from the two (2) prize draws from all valid entries on 1 November 2019 by AA SmartFuel Limited who will notify the Winners and with their consent provide the Winners details to the Promoter.
- The Winners will be contacted by the Promoter on the phone number registered with their AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card within seven (7) days of the prize draw.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the Winner and confirm them as an Eligible Entrant by 20 November 2019 the Promoter may conduct an Unclaimed Prize Draw on 21 November 2019 at the Promoters office.
- The Unclaimed Prize Draw Winner(s) will be contacted in accordance with clauses 10 and 11 within seven (7) days of the Unclaimed Prize Draw. The new Winner(s) will be subject to the same terms and conditions of this competition.
- If no Winner is confirmed on or after 10 December 2019, the Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Prize.
- The Promoter will arrange collection of the Prize with the Winner.
General terms and conditions of entry:
- Information on how to enter and the prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, which may be amended or modified by the Promoter from time to time.
- Charge accounts, trade terms or special quotations purchases are not eligible for this Promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible if the Winner cannot be contacted due to incorrect details registered on the AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card.
- This Promotion is only open to “Eligible Entrants”, being individuals who: (i) are residents of New Zealand; and (ii) are not employees of the Promoter, any Hammer Hardware store or their immediate families or any related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Promotion; and (iii) are not a spouse, defacto partner, parent, child or sibling (whether natural or by adoption) of such an employee; and (iv) are not professionally connected with the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, receipt details from the qualifying purchase, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any claimant who submits a redemption that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry or who tampers with the redemption process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All other expenses incurred with any part of the prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
- Receipts used for entry into the competition must be retained in order to claim the Prize and are void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter, Hammer Hardware Limited and AA Smart Fuel Limited (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions of Entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- By accepting a prize, the Winner agrees that the Promoter may use his/her name, address and photograph for publicity purposes strictly relating to this Promotion, including public relations and marketing material, in any form of media, as carried out by the Promoter and/or its advertising and promotional agencies, without seeking payment or any other compensation.
- The Promoter will be provided by AA Smartfuel the Winners personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to regulatory authorities. The Promoter will comply with all aspects of the Privacy Act 1993 (and any other legislation or code of practice that may apply) for the use or storage of personal information in New Zealand.
- The Entrant consents to the storage of their personal information on the Promoter’s database for purposes of this Promotion.
- The Promoter is Hammer Hardware Limited.
- AA Smartfuel Terms and Conditions apply.