and conditions of entry – Hammer Hardware Birthday
- Spend $35 on any product from any Hammer Hardware store in
New Zealand, swipe your AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card,
and go in the draw to win a Prize. (“Promotion”).
(Please see exceptions in clauses 2 & 3 of the General
Terms and Conditions below.).
- Each purchase of $35 or more qualifies for one entry to the
Promotion. There are no restrictions as to the number of
entries you may enter in this Promotion. Only the minimum
- By presenting your AA Membership card or AA Smartfuel card
at the Hammer Hardware Store and having it scanned by the
Hammer Hardware staff member, you indicate to the Promoter
that you wish to enter this Promotion.
- The Promotion commences on 1 October 2018 and closes on 31
October 2018 ("Promotion Period").
Entries strictly valid on purchases between these dates
only. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of
purchase when an AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card is
swiped. Records of the Promoter are final and conclusive as
to time of receipt.
- To qualify for this competition, your AA Membership card or
AA Smartfuel card must be scanned at the time of purchase,
to automatically be entered in the draw to win the prize.
If you become an AA Smartfuel cardholder on the day
you make your purchase, you must register your card
with AA Smartfuel by 31st October 2018, otherwise you
do not quality to enter this Promotion, and your entry
will be deemed to be null and void.
- The “Prize” is $5,000 in cash,
paid out in a form of a cheque to the Winner.
- There are two Prizes on offer in this Promotion, one for
the Winner located in the North Island, and one Winner for
the South Island.
- How to redeem the Prize:
- Send a copy of your receipt, photocopy of
driver’s license, name and postal address to
the Promoter by 15 November 2018 for the Prize
Draw, or by 5 December 2018 for the Unclaimed Prize
Draw (See Clause 9 – Winners (below); and
- The Winners will be awarded their prize by cheque
at the Hammer Hardware stores where the product was
- “Winner” is defined as the
persons whose names are drawn in the prize draw held
on 1 November 2018 (Prize Draw); or on 20 November
2018 (Unclaimed Prize Draw).
- In total there will be two (2) Winners, one in the North
Island and one in the South Island.
- The Winners will be drawn randomly from all valid entries
on 1 November 2018 at the Promoter’s offices situated
at 67 Corinthian Drive, Albany, Auckland.
- The Winners will be contacted on the phone number
registered with their AA Smartfuel or AA Membership
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no
correspondence will be entered in to.
- The Winners will be notified by telephone within 7 days of
the prize draw. The Winners must respond by 10 November
2018 or the prize will be forfeited, and another Winner
- If a Prize remains unclaimed by 20 November 2018 the
Promoter may conduct an Unclaimed Prize Draw on 21 November
2018 at the Promoters office. The Unclaimed Prize Draw
Winner(s) will be telephoned on the phone number registered
with their AA Smartfuel or AA Membership card within 7 days
of the unclaimed prize draw. The new Winner(s) will be
subject to the same terms and conditions of this
- If no Winner is confirmed on or after 10 December 2018, the
Promoter reserves the right to forfeit the Prize.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any notification that
is misdirected, lost or damaged, or if the Winner cannot be
contacted due to incorrect details being provided.
General terms and conditions of entry:
- Information on how to enter and the prize details form part
of these Terms and Conditions of Entry. Participation
in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and
Conditions, which may be amended or modified from time to
time. The Promoter will endeavour to advise Participants of
any modification or amendment to these terms but cannot be
held responsible otherwise.
- This Promotion is not applicable to charge
accounts, trade terms or special quotations.
- This Promotion is only open to “Eligible
Entrants”, being individuals who: (i)
are residents of New Zealand; and (ii) are not employees of
the Promoter, any Hammer Hardware store or their immediate
families or any related corporations or any of their
agencies associated with the Promotion; and (iii) are not a
spouse, defacto partner, parent, child or sibling (whether
natural or by adoption) of such an employee; and (iv) are
not professionally connected with the Promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the
validity of claims and Eligible Entrants (including an
entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to
disqualify any claimant who submits a redemption that is
not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry
or who tampers with the redemption process. Failure by the
Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not
constitute a waiver of those rights.
- The Promoter’s decision is final, and no
correspondence will be entered into.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible claims will be
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage
whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to
indirect or consequential loss) or for death or any
personal injury suffered or sustained as consequence
participation in the Promotion or as a consequence of the
use and enjoyment of any prize.
- All other expenses incurred with any part of the prize are
the responsibility of the Winner.
- If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the
Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to
substitute the prize (or that part of prize) with a prize
equal to or greater in value as specified herewith in these
Terms and Conditions.
- Receipts used for entry into the competition are void if
stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law,
the Promoter (including its officers, directors,
shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents,
licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional
agencies) excludes all liability (including negligence),
for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including
loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion,
including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of
the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party
interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late,
lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after
their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in
prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions of
Entry; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or
Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
- By accepting a prize, the Winner agrees that the Promoter
may use his/her name, address and photograph for publicity
purposes strictly relating to this Promotion, including but
not restricted to on packaging, or in public relations and
marketing material, in any form of media, as carried out by
the Promoter and/or its advertising and promotional
agencies, without seeking payment or any other
- The Promoter is not responsible for any third-party acts or
omissions, including but not limited to that of the prize
- For further assistance or queries regarding this Promotion
please email [email protected]
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to
conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose
such information to third parties, including, but not
limited to, prize suppliers and as required, to regulatory
- The Entrant consents to the storage of their personal
information on the Promoter’s database for purposes
of this competition.
- If the Entrant consents to being contacted by the Promoter,
the Promoter may use the personal information provided to
contact the Entrant for future promotional and marketing
purposes including contacting the Entrant via electronic
- The Promoter is Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Limited.